So I thought I’d make a little short and sweet list of the pros and cons of the different options open to those looking to get into reading.
This isn’t going to be a sensible list, it’s going to be a little unhinged, enjoy.
- YOU CAN HAVE YOUR OWN LiBRARY- you can make your own little dragons hoard of books and they are pretty
- Can collect a series AND ITS PRETTY
- Books have that nice books smell
- You can feel superior when people come over and see your library
- You actually get to physically possess a book, which is nice.
- DID I MENTION THAT IT’S PRETTY?
- You can support local book stores and/ or you can buy books from pretty much anywhere, instead of being shackled to one particular subscription service or device
- Takes up a lot of space
- Can be expensive
- A series of books can change style half way through and your collection is incomplete forever, which is the most infuriating thing in this world ever.
- Physical books are heavy to carry around with you and can get ruined in your bag
- Light weight
- Potentially cheaper (depends on where you live really)
- More environmentally friendly
- You can carry more books around with you in one place
- You can get access to things like Kindle unlimited and discover more authors.
- You can support your local library if they offer ereader friendly lending
- Your book horde is hidden so no-one can judge what you read
- Can read at night without big light on
- See all the pros in my physical library list? All gone!
- Kindle does, unfortunately, involve selling your soul to Amazon
- More accessible, for various reasons, sitting down and reading can be hard for some people
- Books on the go- you can consume books whilst cleaning, working etc etc
- Some audio books are very nice to sleep to
- You can listen at a faster speed if you want (another accessible plus point really)
- You can hear your books/ characters bought to life
- Services like Audible come with the audible unlimited library
- Can be a way to re-read books without having to take time out of your physical tbr
- Services like Audible involve selling your soul to Amazon
- Once again, miss out on all the pros from the physical book list
- Sometimes audio books services don’t give great rights to authors and/or the voice artists
- Exercising without a weight loss goal- part 2
- 10 things I wish I’d known about marketing roles before I started out (even though I love what I do)
- WIP excerpt- part 3
- Top 13 book romance tropes that never get old
- 10 things that have made me happy lately
- Writing a book is hard- part 2, a WIP update
- Millennial b.s. items I bought that are actually helpful…
- One of us is next
- 30 ACOTAR memes… because I can