So, I finally did it, I bought a kindle. Despite my commitment to the dragon hoard, there are only so many books you can fit in a 6X4 ft room, plus if my work bag gets any heavier I might genuinely keel over backwards, so I needed a lighter option for books on the go.
Firstly, there are SO many books available on unlimited, I really didn’t expect popular titles to be on there for free.
Secondly, there are lots of rubbish, easy reads on there that I probably wouldn’t have purchased as a physical book but I have been able to enjoy because I don’t have to worry about it taking up space on my shelf.
Thirdly, it’s super light, I got a cute case and people can’t see the cover of whatever trash I am reading.
Does it compare to all the things I love about physical books? No.
Do I feel bad that I’ve had to add ANOTHER subscription with the Amazon Gods? Yes.
Has it made me buy less books? Nope.
Do I regret buying my kindle? Absolutely not.
Check out this post I made a while back weighing the pros and cons of audio, kindle and physical books, my opinion has not changed, except now I have chosen the option of having all 3 and just absolutely absenting myself from reality or a single thought in my brain.
- Heaven Officials Blessing Vol 1
- Booktok brags that make you look insane to the outside world
- Zodiac Academy series
- Is the hype around book tropes good or bad for fiction?
- I’m a book nerd whose only just bought a kindle- what did I think?
- 5 Fantasy fiction tropes I go absolutely feral for
- Throne of Glass series
- The Last Nephilim- the prompt project
- Books with the ‘touch her and you die’ trope