Between my life experiences lately and then the state of the world in general I have been a moody little bean. So, I thought I’d make a list of things that have given me even the smallest nugget of joy recently.
1. My friend got married!
I was the bridesmaid in my friend’s recent wedding. She was the first to get married out of my friends and it was just the best day, my face hurt from smiling.
2. I have been writing again
I have been a little inspiration-less/ motivation-less for a while now but suddenly the creative block I’ve been feeling has lifted and I’ve written more in the last few months than I did in the entirety of 2021.
3. The sun has appeared
I live in the U.K and the grey months felt like they lasted foreverrrrr this year but finally, the sun is back!
4. I’ve been really enjoying some of the singing/ music videos on tiktok
There are some absolutely beautiful works of art being composed on Tiktok, songs that you can feel in your chest, giving you goosebumps.
Or this one, it might just be kids in a classroom but it is so emotive!
5. My perpetual source of serotonin- my idiot dogs:
Have you watched this? For guaranteed laughter, give Taskmaster a go.
(although tbh, Greg Davies in general never fails to make me belly laugh)
I said what I said. I know these books are cheesy fantasy but they really bought me out of a reading slump and I’ve really been enjoying all the memes the acotar fandom has been busy creating, plus, the audio books have been really helpful whilst my sleep has been fucking around.
8. My hair
Bit of weird one to add, I’ll admit. I’ve been taking really good care of my hair over the last few months, semi following the curly girl method, and it’s gotten much thicker and the condition its in is so much better. So anyway, my hair looking nice has made me happy. Sometimes it’s the simple things.
9. I bought a couple of pretty plants I’ve wanted for a really long time:
10. My podcast.
I host a podcast with my friend and I love it, it’s a continuous source of pride and joy.
- Ragdoll – the prompt project
- 30 Throne of Glass memes… because I can (part 2)
- 30 Throne of Glass memes… because I can (part 1)
- Kingdom of the Wicked 1-3
- Genre Snobbery- a rant
- Writing a book is hard – part 3
- My 2023 goals – writing, reading and life related
- 2022 Reading Wrap Up
- Fae’s Mate & Fae’s Flight